Love cooking but not hospitality hours? Come make pies with us! We have an opportunity to join our team of expert pie-makers on a Monday to Friday permanent contract. This role calls for someone who is super organised, proactive, and a real team player. Production in The Bakery is as you would expect, a well-oiled machine with tried and tested processes. Our perfect Production Cook will slot in with ease and come with the skills needed to react and adapt quickly when demand goes pie high.
Every person at Clive’s is vitally important, but this role really is at the core of the business – the kitchen. It’s where all the magic happens. You’ll be responsible for making our scrumptious mixes, managing recipes, ingredients and ensuring every single product we make is a parcel of pure plant-based joy! We’re looking for someone with great people skills and a collaborative way of working.
Clive’s Purely Plant’s (Clive’s) is a Devon-based vegan bakery, which was founded back in 1986. For over 35 years we’ve been making ready-to-eat, plant-based bakes that use the planet’s resources with care. Everything we create is organic, 100% vegan and all our packaging is plastic free.
Our delicious pies are what we are most famous for, but we also have a growing and varied range that includes quiches, savoury tarts and nut roasts. We currently sell to major supermarkets such as Waitrose, Asda, Abel & Cole and Ocado, as well as numerous independent health food shops up and down the country. We also export to the US, Australia, and Dubai.
Under new management, we are working to an ambitious 3-year plan to significantly grow the business and become the leading manufacturer of plant-based foods.
As a Production Cook you will oversee the efficient running of the Kitchen Assistants, alongside our other Production Cooks, to ensure products are made to the highest standards and as efficiently as possible. You will be responsible for the receipt and storage of raw materials for your areas and ensuring the team follows the recipe of all products so products are made in line with the company expectation whilst following and completing all HACCP documentation. Working collaboratively with each other you will ensure that your area delivers against timescales and to budget with the support from the Production Shift Manager. You will be responsible for the safe, effective, and efficient management of staff and operations throughout the shift.
• Contribute to the daily production plan with the Production Planner and Shift Production Manager to meet demand patterns and productivity needs.
• Work collaboratively with the kitchen team in delivering daily production plans in a timely manner, ensuring quality standards are adhered to.
• Supporting the Development and QA Managers, plan and deliver development changes to existing products along with new product launches.
• Record all daily production paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
• Uphold and implement company standards and policies in all areas (QMS, Food safety, Health & Safety) and identify areas of improvement.
• Communicate effectively with the team and other departments within the business.
• Responsible for ensuring the Kitchen team are suitably trained and provide training when necessary.
• Continually seek areas for improvement to help drive efficiency and reduce costs.
• To be instrumental in the company culture and long-term vision, embedding our vision, mission and values across everything we do.
• To perform other work either within the Kitchen or other departments as and when required and as instructed by management to support the wider business.
• Confident communication skills both written and verbal
• Able to prioritise and manage tight deadlines
• Organised and logical with a keen eye for detail
• Able to solve problems and make informed decisions quickly
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a track record in developing great working relationships
• Leads by example and promotes the expected behaviours, attitudes and culture of the business
• Self-motivated and driven to continually learn and improve
• Flexible and resilient to complete tasks thoroughly
• Passionate about great food, with an interest in vegan, vegetarian, organic, clean label and/or gluten free preferably
Qualifications & Experience:
• Cooking experience (2+ years)
• Demonstratable understanding of HACCP with appropriate qualifications
• Cooking qualification City & Guilds 706/1, 706/2 or NVQ Catering Level 2 & 3
• Experience within a BRC accredited business would be ideal
• Sound understanding of the FMCG manufacturing environment would be desirable
• Food Hygiene level 2 or 3 qualification
• First Aid at work would be an advantage
• Forklift licence would be an advantage
• Experience in managing people including leading a team is desirable
• Experience within a bakery production environment is desirable
• Tech savvy and skilled at using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint would be desirable
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £11 – £12 per hour depending on experience
• 20 days holiday
• Free Pies
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
Apply now by sending a copy of your cv by 15/11/2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org