HAVE YOU GOT WHAT IT BAKES? Do you want to join a fun, friendly team at an exciting plant-based bakery in Dartmouth? We’ve got a brilliant new opening as a Production Assistant at Clive’s to help us create our signature vegan and organic bakes. You’ll be responsible for prepping vegetables, and herb & spice mixtures, mixing up pastry, filling and finishing pies, loading them into the ovens and keeping our kitchen spic and span! We’re looking for a self-motivated individual who has good attention to detail and a passion for food. Clive’s is a bakery full of lovely people, so we’re on the hunt for someone who fits in with our brilliant team, happy, friendly and positive is what we look for. No experience required, but please do let us know if you have worked in any similar roles such as food preparation, manufacturing or catering. This is a fantastic entry role to the team, with opportunities to learn new skills and progress into other areas of the business if you are interested in developing your career.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
REPORTING TO: SHIFT MANAGER
TERMS: VARYING HOURS DEPENDING ON CONTRACT – MONDAY TO FRIDAY
SALARY: DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE, ABOVE NATIONAL LIVING WAGE
LOCATION: THE BAKERY, DARMOUTH, DEVON, TQ6 9LA
Clive’s Purely Plant’s (Clive’s) is a Devon-based vegan bakery, which was founded back in 1986. For over 35 years we’ve been making ready-to-eat, plant-based bakes that use the planet’s resources with care. Everything we create is organic, 100% vegan and all our packaging is plastic free.
Our delicious pies are what we are most famous for, but we also have a growing and varied range that includes quiches, savoury tarts, and nut roasts. We currently sell to major supermarkets such as Waitrose, Asda, Abel & Cole and Ocado, as well as numerous independent health food shops up and down the country. We also export to the US, Australia, and Dubai.
Under new management, we are working to an ambitious 3-year plan to significantly grow the business and become the leading manufacturer of plant-based foods.
- A good communicator and team player
- Able to prioritise and manage tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and driven to continually learn and improve
- Able to take and follow instructions
- Committed, disciplined and able to work under pressure
- Organised and logical with a keen eye for detail
- Able to solve problems and make informed decisions quickly
- Flexible and resilient to complete tasks thoroughly
- Good level of numeracy
- Ideally passionate about great food, with an interest in vegan, vegetarian, organic, clean label and/or gluten free
Qualifications & Experience:
- Previous experience within a food production environment preferred
- Basic food hygiene awareness with appropriate qualifications where possible
- Knowledge of allergens and the importance of food safety desirable
- Experience within a BRC accredited business preferred
- Forklift driving and appropriate licence nice to have
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a copy of your CV, or an email outlining your past work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st January.
For more info and a full job description please also contact the above email address.